Wow...I can't believe the summer is almost over & I haven't written one blog all summer. We have had a busy but exciting summer. I'm working on adding picture & video albums from the summer & here are a couple things we did.
Back in June I ran a 8K w/my brothers & their wives. The boys ran a 1 mile fun run w/their cousins & had a great time. It was for CHKD, a children's hospital, so there was lots of events after the race to entertain the kids.

July was our crazy month. First we had my cousin's wedding in WV. It was a good time & great to see all the extended family. Some of our cousins have other young children & it was nice to see the cousins have so much fun together. The kids enjoyed staying in a hotel & dancing at the wedding. Check out the July picture album for some fun pictures of the boys dancing!

Then Scott's brother Jimmy & his family came into town for a week & we spent time w/the Kline family. The boys got to play w/their cousin little Jimmy & enjoyed their time w/him so much. We wish we could see them more. One day we went out on the lake on PopPop's boat & let the kids play till they were exhausted! Ryan & Rebecca even fell asleep for their nap on the boat.

Great Grandmom & Great DeDe (as the kids call him) were in town. The kids & I spent a week in Va Beach visiting w/them. Nolan loved having someone to play cards & chess with! We went blueberry picking w/Mat's girls & got lots of pool time.

Then to finish the month off we went to Nags Head for a week w/the whole Lemn family. Nolan turned 6 while on vacation & thought the whole vacation was for his birthday!

We've also spent lots of time at Busch Gardens & Water Country USA. Nolan is my dare devil & likes to ride rollercoasters but he humors us & rides the kids rides w/his brother & sister. This is Rebecca's favorite ride, she always has the biggest smile on her face.
We ended our summer w/Hurricane Irene. Thankfully, no damage to our house, we just had lots of large limbs to clean up plus lost our power for 5 days. Unfortunately, we lost all our food but I have 2 sparkling clean fridges! It was a good lesson in being thankful for all we have & as Nolan said, "Mommy, I like not having power, we got to play LOTS of board games.
No comments:
Post a Comment